Substance & Sums Communications is a communications strategy firm providing writing and editing services to non-profit organizations, funders and small and mid-sized businesses, with a special focus on communications (substance) that include numbers and analysis (sums). Of course, it is also a remix of the phrase “sum and substance” which is defined as the main idea or theme – an important goal for all types of communications.
You’ve got big plans for your organization. A communications strategy can help you get there.
- Launching a product or business
- Announcing a major organizational initiative
- Managing change
- Engaging stakeholders (customers, elected officials, donors)
Clear and concise writing that keeps your audience in mind is the key to effective written communications. Take the easy route and let Substance & Sums Communications do the writing for you.
- Developing copy for your annual report
- Telling your story through website text
- Communicating with investors through an earnings release
- Sharing an event using a press release and linked social media
You put your thoughts to paper (or screen). Now what?
- Updating policies or employee handbooks
- Sharpening your statements to put your audience and message first
- Revising and refreshing materials to reflect your organization’s vision